is always seeking energetic, organized, out-going individuals to join our busy, happy staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION: STUDIO ASSISTANT
is a retail business where customers paint their own pottery and do glass fusing on a drop-in basis. We also host classes, camps, field trips, and parties. We are
always seeking an energetic, organized, outgoing, people-persons who we can train to (a) assist customers and (b) run fun, efficient parties.
- Happy, bubbly, fun-loving personality a must!
- The ability to multi-task successfully is important. You will assist customers, answer phones, book parties, ring up sales, wrap up masterpieces, process pottery, unpack stock, and re-stock shelves.
- Position requires all aspects of keeping the studio neat and sparkling, including cleaning up after customers, resetting tables, dusting, organizing, etc.
- Candidate must be comfortable giving instructions to groups, and enjoy working with the public, especially children.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and accustomed to double-checking their work for accuracy and completeness.
- Art interest, ability, or experience would be helpful, but is not required.
- Experience with children's groups, schools, camps, or parties is desirable, but not required.
- ARTrageous is open 7 days, and evening and weekend hours are required.
- Candidate must be able to lift 25 lb. boxes and stand on their feet for an 8-hour shift.
- Applicant must present a neat, clean, family-friendly appearance.
- Applicant must be over 18, have completed high school with very good grades, have work experience, and reliable transportation.
- ARTrageous does not hire summer, short-term, or temporary
- Complete fluency in English is required.
To apply for this position, please print and complete an employment application, and mail or deliver it to:
ARTrageous! Studio, 5 N. Village Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY 11570